RE: RC: RE: SWAT illegal during competition?

Title: RE: RC: RE: SWAT illegal during competition?

Tom,

To add to your (short) but accurate list of "allowed" items, I refer to the permissible/nonreplicable items sent to me from AERC & on Steph's web page.  It isn't a long list and they made sure that there was a caveat that read:

** It is advised that non-permissable substances not be given within 96 hours of the competition to minimize any likelihood of a substance being picked up on testing (see above reference "natural substances")  NOTE THAT THIS MAY HAVE CHANGED SIGNIFICANTLY DUE TO INCREASED SENSITIVITY IN DRUG TESTING!

*NOTE: It must be understood that this list is not and cannot be all inclusive.  New drug development and testing will require periodic revision of this or future tests.

 AERC: Permissible and Prohibited Drugs & Medications
Permissible substances (preceding and during competition):
*vitamins
*minerals
*electrolytes
*liniments that do not contain materials absorbed into the body (alcohol and Absorbine)
*foodstuffs known as nutrients
*nonabsorbable topical wound dressings
*alcohol
*ice and ice water
*compounds to synchronize estrus

Nonpermissible substances include:
*any substance by injection or stomache tube
*vitamins in megadoses
*nutrient substances administered in doses to achive a pharmacologic effect (DMSO, DMG, yucca and MSM)
*any anti-inflammatory, stimulus, depressants, analgesia, or analgesia-containing products such as procaine penicillin
*antihistaminic
*vasoactive
*bronchodilator
*masking substances (sulpha drugs, benzimadole wormers, thiamine injections)
*dipyrone
*lazix
*trimethoprim
*liminments that contain DMSO, menthol or camphor
*E-SE injections

Linda Flemmer