Karahty foal and High Country Ride

After reading the notes on Karahty, I just had to share the happy news:  CC
my anglo-arab endurance horse who was injured in the pasture last fall is
now safely in foal (after slipping the first time) to Karahty!  She is also
recovering very nicely from her injuries and is enjoying her extended
vacation in sunny California.

Dolly has been super to work with and has been in constant communication
with me through the ups and downs of breeding a 13 year old maiden mare.
Hopefully, we will have a Karahty baby next summer.

We attended Rich Child's High Country Endurance Ride in Colorado last
weekend and the 30 mile LD was awesome.  At one point in the second loop, we
reached 11,400 feet after a steady climb of 5 miles.

The trails were wonderful, well marked and full of wildlife and incredible
views (when Grandpa Young lets us slow down enough to look--we may regret
letting this 73 year old cowboy and his 16 year old quarter horse join us!
Absolutely no whining is allowed.)

The vets were quick to point out that our 11 year old junior Morgan Young
and Baby Tzar clearly won and out vetted the entire adult group in LD.  Made
Falon and I feel a bit humble with our first place "among the adults"
designation. I've always thought is was funny that AERC says I have to
sponsor Morgan.  At the ranch, the cowboys make Morgan babysit me.

Rich deserves a special thanks for all his efforts as an excellent ride manager.

Joane and the Herd
       AND
All the "Fired" Lyon Crew (who went to town for lunch because they were sure
we could not ride the first loop before they got back!)