Wintecs

I got bounced back when I sent to Stacey too, so delete this if you don't
want to read about my Wintec observations.

First of all, don't you dare buy that Wintec for $750!  They can be found
for a great deal less (about $500) if you shop in the catalogs or go to a
tack store having a sale. I paid $432 total for mine (all fittings and
tax).

I loved my Wintec endurance saddle.  My slab sided, low withered fox
trotter loved the Wintec.  I rode in that saddle very hard for four years
and it looked like new after a squirt with the hose.  It withstood a lot
of abuse.  Dizzy was a spooker and could pull some great spins and I
stuck to that saddle like glue, but (without bragging) I am a very
centered rider and cut my teeth on cutting horses.  There's not much a
horse can pull that will knock me off (at least that's the way it used to
be).

However, when I had that saddle I weighed in on the high middleweight
side.  I'm definitely a super, extreme heavyweight now and wouldn't dream
of using a Wintec.  I personally do not feel they have enough support to
distribute the weight of heavy weights.  I don't care how good a rider a
person is there comes a point when weight distribution needs the help of
a real tree.  This is all my own personal opinion, I have no supporting
evidence, so don't write me back telling me I'm full of s---!

I don't have the saddle anymore because the horse I have now hated it.
I'd go to put it on her and she'd pin her ears and bite at the thing.
She hated every English saddle I put on her.  She liked Western saddles.
We compromised with an Aussie.  Best of both worlds.

Anyway, back to the Wintecs, they're great saddles.  Hold up well.
Cannot be adjusted, so if the standard tree widths don't fit you're out
of luck.  A little searching will get you a better price.

Good luck.

Tori