Re: RE: US Forest Service Special Use Permits

I tried to send this yesterday, but typed in the wrong address.....so I'll try again (and this time I'll add ridecamp to the address book).

George wrote:
<....... They have worked with us to develop 50 miles
of permanently marked trail over the years.>
and.......
<I hit the enter key without proof reading my previous response. It is the
Texas Arabian Distance Riders Association that has done the work with the US
Forest Service at the LBJ Grasslands.

George McGraw
Ride Manager Frigid Digit Endurance Ride>

The Texas Endurance Riders Association (the group George referred to in his first reply) has helped establish 60 miles of permanently marked equestrian trails in Davy Crockett National Forest. We also are able to ride special use trails which enabled us to clear and mark a total of 100 non-repeated miles of trail for the Old Glory I & II held back on June 12 & 13!!!  :)
We haven't had to purchase special use permits for a few years now. It has been a blessing as far as I'm concerned. The permits weren't hard to acquire, just another set of papers ride managers had to deal with - way in advance. We had to pay $30 per event and our insurance had to be a minimum of One Million coverage. (We still purchase the insurance policy and name the USFS as additional insured AND have the entrants and volunteers sign the waiver/release forms.)

Linda & Bo Parrish
Secretary & Manager of
Armadillo Ride - the Halloween Costume Ride