Improving CRI Values

Kathy Adams kadams@orgtek.com
Did my first training endurance ride of 25 miles recently. We placed 7th (I was thrilled). We did alot of cantering. My horse was fine with it, however his CRI's could have been better. The first one at the end of the race was taken 15 min. after reaching pulse criteria. It was 13/13. Then 45 min. later, when being judged for BC, they did another CRI. This time it was 13/15. My understanding is that the CRI numbers should be the same, or the second number should be lower than the first. Is this correct? How can I help my horse improve these scores in the future? One mistake I made was to come into the finish at a canter, instead of getting off him and walking in. I walked in at the first vet check, and his pulse came down quickly, but his CRI was 13/14. Any advise and help is appreciated. Please e-mail me privately.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-