special use permits

We  have a great working relationship with the Forest Service. Our local
club [Texas Endurance Riders Association]  donates money and manual labor to
help with trail maintenance, camp site paving and building toilet
facilities. As a result of these efforts our relationship is good and
approvals are easy to arrange. They have worked with us to develop 50 miles
of permanently marked trail over the years.

George McGraw
Ride Manager Frigid Digit Endurance ride

George, I may be mistaken, but I think that the work you mentioned above was done by TADRA (Texas Arabian Distance Riders Association). I am a member of both TADRA and TERA, and I think TADRA talked about those projects in our newsletter awhile back.
Mary