-----Original Message-----
From: SUSAN WILLIS [mailto:SMW@SOS.NET]

I have a 2 year old filly that I am hoping to do distance riding with in
a couple of years. She has lovely broad, hard feet and I've kept her
trimmed regularly but now I wonder if I should be trimming her according
to a different angle than what is normally used? This comes up after
discussing with someone that has done quiet a bit of riding that they
have their endurance horse trimmed at a sharper angle. Why? Should I
worry about angles with my filly (not yet under saddle)

My farrier likes to trim the hoof keeping the angle the same as the
pastern, which I have always agreed with until now, and I feel
ridiculous asking him to change without being able to explain why I want
the change.