RE: RE: re: interference boots and interfering

I posted earlier in this thread about what has been done to correct my own
horse's interference problems, lowering of the wall and very moderate
trailers. on the hind feet. Since that post my farrier has been out again so
we discussed her feet. He told me that the last time he shod her he
laterally leveled the walls (no lowering of the outside walls) and this time
he didn't make a trailer, just set the outer branch a little wider and
straighter. Her outside heels and walls in the past didn't match her inner
walls. But setting the shoe wide on the outside gave her improved support
and the walls/heels have spread further out.  Misshappen feet are often the
cause of poor movement. This mare had pretty poor work done on her feet
before I got her, possibly very infrequent work do to owner neglect. So,
although she has pretty straight legs, she moved crooked due to misshapen
hooves. So, slow corrective work on the hooves, allows or encourages the
hooves to reshape to a better balance, allowing better load bearing and
movement. As was said below, the problem and cause needs to be analyzed
carefully. If it's in the hoof it possible that it can be improved upon.
Crooked leg is a crooked leg.

Bonnie Snodgrass
Southern Maryland