Apache shod again

Well, since I was on here whining about not being able to ride my training
rides due to White Line Disease forcing shoes off my horse, I'll give an
update here.

Jason (farrier) came out this morning as scheduled.  He was pleased about
what he found.  WLD gone in the front feet and gone out of one back foot.
He treated the front feet with Thrushbuster (as a precaution...will happen
every shoeing from now on) and we put the shoes back on.  I'm a little
concerned about Apache's right back hoof.  We went ahead and put the shoes
back on, but I'm concerned about that hoof not being 100%.  Jason said not
to worry and that it wasn't bad.  I'm going to dribble drops of Thrushbuster
in the nail holes, spray the hoof with Shoe Bond white line disease spray,
and try to get some Thrushbuster up under the shoe anyway.

Just as a note, I did a treatment every other day.  I alternated using
Thrushbuster and Blu-Kote spray.  With Blu-Kote, I sprayed the entire bottom
of the hoof.  With Thrushbuster, I covered the edge of the hoof in a 1/2
inch wide strip.  I also treated the frog of each foot (no sense in letting
Thrush sneak in while I'm getting rid of WLD!).

I just ordered from Jeffers and I'm a little peeved that I forgot to order
the SB gel that is supposed to be good to squirt under the shoe.  I don't
need $50 worth of stuff and I hate paying the $5 shipping charge if I order
under $50 from them....So I'll probably wait until next time I order.  Jason
has never seen it used, so he said if I ordered it, he'd be interested to
see how that worked for us, seeing as how we already know Apache is prone to
WLD.  He thought it might do well as a preventative measure.

Anyway, Pache's shoes are back on, and we are off to the races!  A long
training ride this weekend and Summer Breeze in 3 1/2 weeks!

April & Apache
AERC #M20813
Chattanooga, TN

"If I were a little, little [wo]man,