Fwd: your ridecamp post

In a message dated 6/28/99 10:04:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
slard_99@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 Sylvia, does my anonymity lessen the seriousness of this subject?
 I choose to remain anonymous for personal reasons, but believe me
 when I say my feelings are legitimate and this is a subject that needs
 to be addressed.  I see a real liability for AERC in allowing unlicensed
 vets to vet rides.  If you read the "what ifs" in my post to Joe and Lynne,
 those are legitimate questions.  I can see, in this sue happy
 world of ours, where a disgruntled owner, unhappy with the treatment
 or "opinion" from the vet on their horse wanting to sue somebody.  So who
 will
 they sue?  Ride manager?  Ride "vet"?  AERC?  Shoot, don't
 forget the woman who got $1 million for spilling hot coffee in her
 own lap at McDonalds.

 Scummy

I initially wasn't going to post this to Ridecamp in general, but I got to
thinking and well, here goes.  "Scummy" is defending his right to post
anonymously to all of us (I basically called him a coward and this is his
response).  Following is my response to him......

You're right, it is a litigious society.  I just think that if we stop
standing up for what we think is right (using our OWN names) things are gonna
go down hill alot faster.  BTW, a detail on the McDonald's suit --the woman
sued because the styrofoam cup COULDN'T hold the hot coffee and
disintegrated, pouring scalding coffee on her lap.  Interesting, when you
find out the details, how the picture changes.

Sylvia (I really hate cowards)

---- Begin included message ----

---- End included message ----