Hot Shoeing

Sherie Taylor taylor@networksplus.net
I have a 12 year old Arabian gelding that I have owned about a year.  When I acquired the horse, he had crumbly feet.  My farrier at that time felt it was because the shoes had been on too long.  After 3 6-week shoeings, the horses feet were looking pretty good.

I am having the same problem now.  My current farrier thinks the crumbly feet are caused by the abnormal amount of rain we are having and that the wet/dry ground is causing his feet to crumble.  I have 2 other horses kept in the same pen and their feet look great.

My farrier want to hot seal the bottoms of the horses foot to seal moisture out of the hoof.  Is this a good idea?  I looked up this subject on the Internet and there are horror stories of horses' feet being blistered from this practice.  Please help ASAP as the farrier is coming Monday night and I would like to have a little bit of knowledge about this subject

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-