tying

I usually just lurk but felt compelled to respond to some of the trailer tying comments.  First of all, NATRC does not require you to tie to a trailer.  Horses must be under similar conditions which means if there are not enough stalls for all horses (I've never seen that many stalls) the horses must be stationary.  They can be on a picket line as long as they cannot slide from one end to the other.  They can be tied to hitching posts or rails, also.
I agree that trailer makers do not camp with their horses on a regular basis or they would alter the design of many of them.  One thing NATRC helps with is showing people a wonderful array of ways people have overcome these flaws and made their trailers as safe as possible.  I've seen everything from plywood in the wheelwells to foam rubber or legs wraps over every conceivable sharp edge.
In 25 years of camping with horses I have never had a horse hurt at the trailer (which doesn't mean it can't happen) but I have seen several really bad wrecks with electric or pipe corrals (which also doesn't mean you couldn't have great luck with them.)
I have a vinyl cover for the side of my trailer which eliminates most of the worries and also helps keep the trailer cleaner.  My horse can lay down and move around with no problem.
Karel in Calif.