Happy Jack Ride

O.K. everyone - I finally have the opportunity to post to RC about a ride. :>)  My husband and I went to the Happy Jack ride held in the Medicine Bow National Forest about 10 miles west of Laramie, Wyoming.  Mike and Susan Londe did a wonderful job considering their obstacles.  About two weeks prior to the ride, the Forest Service became difficult and changed the base camp which changed the ride.  A 30 mile LD and a 55 mile endurance ride was held.  The 55 miler was re-sanctioned into a 60 miler because there was extra mileage out there.  It was a lovely base camp - beautiful views.  The ride was held on gravel roads and two track trails.  It was a rolling ride, some water and very pretty scenery.  I believe Jeff Wagner from Grand Junction won the 60 miler, Bobbi Richine from Larkspur, CO was second.  I do not recall who came in first in the 30 miler, but that person also won BC.  I rode the 30 miler and was delighted with all A's on Willow's vet card.  She was very fit and ready to step up - unfortunately, I am the weak link.  One bad incident, was that an ATV person was riding off-road, came out of the trees, spooked a horse that went into a bog and the horse bowed a tendon.  Ride management felt horrible, but it was not their fault.  This was a great ride and for those of you who missed it, put it on your calendars for next year.
Jan Mutchler
Littleton, CO