RE gaited horses

I used to show walking horses and I have seen the fast rack gait at a
blistering 30 mph yes all you arab owners a comfortable 30 mph and moving
on. Other than the fact they are generaly a larger horse and may take a bit
longer to condition. You may have to watch the metabolic a little but the
big guys can be rather atheletic. They have wonderful hearts and love to
work and really put their minds to it and won't give up on you. I plan on
breeding my arab mare to a SUPER NICE walking horse bred out the wazzooo. He
has a wonderful additude and I know he will add some size for a baby. I look
rather awkward on my iddie biddie mare. I am 5'9 and she is 14.1 hands errr
I am big boned =o)  so what if I have a gaybian (mmmm new breed?) I will
have a great endurance horse.
another plus while most of us by mile 20 will have horrible stomachaches
from our guts being jarred out gaited horses will still have you sitting
pretty. Just try to ignore the nasty comments as you pass poor us.
From showing these wonderful animals look for the rear end to be a little
weird going down hills. They have a tendency to feel like they are scooting.
If they paddle out the better at least they wont overstrike. If not better
get some bellboots and a since of humor many can easily pull off their
shoes. I had to reshoe a gelding I showed almost every week even with rubber
boots he managed to get those shoes off.
Do your history on these animals look them up on the net and give some of
the breeders an email. Their reputation has been drug trough the mire so
much recently that the good breeders would love to hear more on the
versatility of their horses.
Carla and Baru
somewhere MIA in alabama