Intro

Hi All,

I've been lurking and learning, since I found this list, Thanks Jo.

I've always been interested in endurance and LD rides. (I'm even starting to learn the language, I think I've even figured out what cavalry means!) I'm hoping to start training this year. Right now I'm looking for an Icelandic horse to be my endurance partner. Their prices are high so I may have to use one of the horses I already have for now and wait until my 2 yo Icy is a few years older.

One question.... In searching for an endurance horse, should color be a big consideration or does it really matter?

I have a 12 yo Missouri Fox Trotter and a 7 yo 1/2 Arab, either could probably help me get into condition and learn the ropes. My 1/2 Arab is 1/4 Belgium and has plenty of feathers for protection, so he may be the best choice. :-) He also has a huge trot.

I am wondering if there is anyone in the SE Idaho area that would be willing to guide me in learning about LD riding?

I have an Orthoflex Express Lite saddle. It is a few years old but has never really been used much. Is OF still regarded as a good endurance choice. Mine is huge, boy was I surprised when I opened up the box expecting a cute little saddle. There is no way I could use it on my Icy, so I will need to find another choice eventually.

I would like to volunteer to help at a ride nearby, sounds like a great way to learn. So if anyone knows of a ride in the area (3 to 4 hours drive) that could use a extra hand let me know. I missed the Wolverine Canyon ride last weekend near me, darn!

For the time being I'll mostly lurk and try to learn from you all!

Cheryl Shelton
SE Idaho

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-