RE: Re: Looking for a horse

Title: RE: Re: Looking for a horse

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Ferris x223 [mailto:jferris@cwa.com]

Why is "being judged" such a big problem?

It isn't, when the judging is fair and consistent.  I've found that often it isn't.  (Politics.)  It's hard to fool with the first ten across the finish line.  :-)

 As to the backing between two trees, this is a
necessary capability that a horse must learn

How about this one I was asked to do - Put horse's front feet on a stump (about 24" high) and ask him to pivot around it 360*!  I can't  say that I've ever used that one in more than 30 years of riding, except at that NATRC event.  How about jumping obstacles in safe conditions.  NATRC marked down for that, yet I was riding my field hunter who regularly jumped 4' in hunts.  I wasn't pleased with daintily stepping over a log.

I prefer CTR sanctioned by SEDRA & ECTRA where the horse's condition is judged over a set trail & set time.  Horsemanship will tell if your horse comes in safe, recovered and uninjured.

Linda Flemmer