RE: Angie's OD questions

Title: RE: Angie's OD questions

-----Original Message-----
From: Sarah Ralston [mailto:ralston@AESOP.RUTGERS.EDU]

Then back down to McCoys
for a crew available stop (not quite sure why no crews in the first
stop-they are in the same place)

I've always felt the same way about the "no crewing in the morning" at McCoy's.  The explanation that I got was that the riders were too bunched up still at 12 miles and it was too hectic.  Parking is rather limited, and only 4X4's can get in on years with "normal" rain fall because of the thick mud.  The owner of the field complained one year because of the excess mess and tire tracks.

Liberty Hall is where I had heat stroke 3 years ago.  I sat under the overhang of the barn with folks pouring that ice-cold water over my head while I tried to convince Mike (husband) that the horse was unfit to continue.  (I pictured air conditioned comfort on my truck ride to the base camp.)  He was VERY unsympathetic!  He passed my horse thru the vet check and told me that my horse was MORE than capable of hauling my sorry A** 5 miles back to base camp.  I really didn't have a choice.  I held on to mane since I was dizzy, and I felt MUCH better by the time I accepted my buckle!!!  :-)

Linda