Old Dominion

This is in response to Angie's post wanting to know about the OD trail.  I did not do it this year, but won the 50 in 1986 (ohmygosh, a LONG time ago) on Azzor Kishi, and was pulled in '88 (or '89???) from the 100 at the 70 mile point on Rushcreek Noel- we were (riding Cavalry) in the lead with Jeannie Waldron and John Crandell but stepped on that rock with our name in it....

The river is very COOL- scary,but fun!  My RC mare stopped and splashed for 10 minutes, wetting us completely!

By the way, when I won the 50, one of the locals told me I should come back and ride the 'other 2/3' meaning the 100.  It took a little wind out of my sails!!

Laura Hayes