Carolina Sandhills 50

Jean Wonser cpfjean@bellsouth.net
Thanks to the Hoffman NC management team for
putting on a ride over an old course June l2.

The trail is fun, pretty and moderate--no
tough climbs but enough to make it fun;
Sure hope they do it again.

Weather gave us a break with hi of 82 or so.
Nobody was pulled in entry around 50, all day.
One Jr. wore out or said his horse was not right and
pulled RO from 50.  His Daddy rode on and won the Turtle
a nice bag of useful things
He was quoted as "I'm a pleasure rider and this was
something I'd have to reconsider next time."

The Camp has it all:  even had corrals for
many of the horses.  It would have paid off
for one family to use them for three
spunky ones left their step in post
enclosure and took the tour of the County.
One was not sound enough to ride from
an injury she was not discussing to her rear
muscles.  Fortunately they were found Friday
morning and otherwise the wiser all, we hope.

The ride was won by Nicki Young in 4:47.

We were the only Florida entry on CPF Carrera in a
tie for fifth (negotiated the last two miles) 5:l3.
Cleon Akins   GA rider on CJ was a couple minutes ahead of us in
fourth place. Nina Murphy was tenth, another SERA buddy.

Sorry I did not write down results but was trying to take
pictures, and flash problems so did not even get that
done.  But it was a real fine ride and a good trip down I-95;

Jean Wonser
Gilchrist County FL

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-