Oroville, near heart attack, Bear

Patty Jackson jbco@jps.net
I do not want to change the discussion back to the wild animals
on the trail topic, but would like to inform those who ride on
the trails in Oroville, CA to keep their eyes open.  Just in
case.  Today I rode up "Sycamore Hill" and decided to get down
and walk my horse, Rabbia, down the back side of the hill.
I could hear something big moving through the brush a very short
distance ahead.  Then a big brown bear popped out of the bushes
and took off running up the hill.  Rabbia was not in the least
bit interested, but I hoisted my behind back into the saddle
awfully quick. Almost enough to give me a heart attack, but
not quite.

I don't want to scare anyone off from riding here, the trails are
terrific.  Just be on the look out.

Patty Jackson and Mia Rabbia

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-