Re: Pony Power!

Lynette,

I am sorry you took so much grief for your pony.  I used to ride a tiny
little pony.  That pony helped teach me how to ride.  I'm small, too, but
that pony was itty bitty.  She was about 30 years old and kept up on all our
trail rides with horses that were many times her weight and more than twice
her height. (ok, maybe not that drastic of numbers, but she was very small,
I have short legs and even my feet were very close to the ground)  I never
liked riding her, but that had nothing to do with her being a pony.  She was
a...well, not a nice pony.  But she was a spunky one.

As for being hounded for being different, I can relate to that in a way,
too.  Being a bareback rider, I take some grief for not riding with a saddle
all the time.  I admit, I probably take many less bad comments than you do
(some of the comments are down-right head-swelling), but I believe the
principle is the same.

You're different.  People can't handle different.  If you don't do it the
way THEY think you should, then it's wrong.  Same thing with the infamous LD
vs endurance riders.  If LDer's don't move up, then they're ruining their
horses and stagnating themselves.  If they race at 25 miles, they're ruining
a perfectly good horse.  Maybe, maybe not.  All I'm saying is that different
gets picked on, plain and simple.  (Imagine if you rode your pony bareback,
racing LD's.  what kinda comments would you get then??  <g>)

I understand your outrage and being tired of taking grief and I hope the
other "pony" stories have helped you out a bit in your confidence in your
Cloud Dancer (awesome name, btw).  I say if your pony is healthy, happy, and
can do the job at hand, let him.  Not only let him, but enjoy it!  And let
the others go to that hot place under the earth!  :)

Good luck and more power to your pony!

April & Apache
Chattanooga, TN