Wild horse trim

Hi guys,
    Have any of you tried the "wild horse trim" on your horses as advocated by Jaime Jackson and Bergy Bergeleen (farriers) and others?  Supposedly, this manner of hoof trimming and keeping the horse barefoot has "considerable value in preventing lameness and improving performance in sound horses".  It sounds like it could be a wonderful thing for endurance horses. (not on rocks of course!)
     I am interested in it because it also is supposed to help horses that have been severely foundered.  ( Yep, Boogie is mine now!  :-) ) But I am considering trimming the horses that I plan on doing LD's with the same way.  Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?  There is an excellent website @ http://members.screenz.com/gretchenfathauer/newpage8.htm which explains this method much better than I can.  Opinions, please?
Rachael, Boogie, Cien, Sunny and Pooh (the herd)