RE: Fat tongue?

Title: RE: Fat tongue?

-----Original Message-----
From: Linda Cowles [mailto:lindac@gilroy.com]
First, get him to relax with your fingers in his mouth. I always have my
hands (clean hands - so they don't taste gross!) in my horses mouths,
and start it with babies. Molasses fingers may help them accept it
initially.

Then there was the time I used molasses to get a 3 year old stud colt to let me put my fingers in to check a bit's fit.  He started sucking on my finger, then bit down to keep it there.  (Don't even ask why I ever got into the position where he could bite...  I thought that it was <cute> that he was sucking, right up until he grabbed me!)  There I was, one hand in his mouth, the other holding the jar of molasses...  No where to set down the molasses without shattering the jar, no free hand to open his mouth.  I was ever so thankful when another person walked by & pried my fingers out for me.

That little sucker (no pun intended) had to learn to put up with my fingers <without> molasses, thank you!

Linda Flemmer
Who still has all ten fingers, despite Fairway's best efforts!