Fwd: RC: bits

vvarney@megalink.net writes:

<< " What do you call a bit with a solid mouthpiece but only
 rings (loose ring, eggbutt, D, whatever) and no shank?  "

 I have always heard this bit referred to as a dog-bone or bar snaffle, and
considered as a very mild bit. >>

Yes yes - no shank? A snaffle. Shank and curb? CURB! Our favorites? Short
shanked medium or low port curbs - a good Mullen mouth or low port copper
mouth - no rollers  PLEASE - and forget the "cowboy snaffles". THOSE puppies
are nasty in a pinch - literally.
san

---- Begin included message ----
" What do you call a bit with a solid mouthpiece but only rings (loose ring, eggbutt, D, whatever) and no shank? " I have always heard this bit referred to as a dog-bone or bar snaffle, and considered as a very mild bit. Vicki --------------------

---- End included message ----