Bits/Hacamores/training.... etc.

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
John:

IMO there are acouple of issues here:

you hand your horse, and I fully agree.

You *can* simulate a ride, by riding with a group
at home and having people ride at various speeds around your horse.

Another area (IMO) very over looked is:
The anatomy of all horses mouths are not
the same....so, no bit can be the universal bit.

Some horses have fat tounges and a shallow palate and the nut cracker
action of a broken mouth-peice (snaffle) can drive them nuts.
The Tom thumb is a nut cracker with leverage.

Some horses have a high arch to the roof of their mouth and small
tounges.. Some horses can get their tounge over a snaffle (and some
riders don't always know it... oooya that hurts em if you pull
back hard )
There are short mouths, long mouths.. heck I could keep going.

Bit fit to me is right up ther on PAR with saddle fit.

But.  When you start fiddling around using different bits
you should have the knowledge to know what works for
your horse and what doesn't... and the action of the bit is.

Horses you can do it all wit,  take lottsa time to get them there!!

Barb

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-