Re: RC: HOENDERLOO FEI RIDE 160 KMS

Leonard.LIESENS@DG10.cec.be wrote:

> Hi Steph,
>
> I have great news. Orfeo and I  won the 160 CEI-A ride in Hoenderloo (Holland) at an average speed of 15.1 Km/h. there were 17 riders (Germany, Switzeland, Holland, France, UK).
>
> Orfeo was terrific; we covered the last loop at a pace of 24 Km/h for catching Jack Begaud the french and teminating tied on the finish line. I was finally declared the winner by a few inches (FEI rules doens't want ex-aequo).
>
> I'm now qualified for the European Championship in october this year in Portugal.
>
> So happy!!!!!!!!
>
> Leonard, in Belgium

Hi Leo (and all others),

my congrats to you and Orfeo once again and all the best for this
season.

I have been there, too, with my horse NINJA 11. I rode together with a
friend from our stable. The first miles we go with Leo, Jack Begaud (who
has trained and helped and sold the UAE horses at the WEC 1998) and some
others. Then we slowed down a bit and settled the horses in a steady
pace of 15 km/h for the first three loops and slowed down even more at
the 4th loop to 12 km/h. It was very hot there compared to the days
before (two days earlier we had 12 degree centigrade, on race-day we had
30 degree!!!). I retired at the 4th vetgate because NINJA was very
dehydrated and the pulserate was to unsteady to continue. He became
better when back in his paddock and is now happy on his field - I hope
no further damage. But to confirm this we run a blood-test today. I had
an idea of a cystitis or a nephritis or something in that direction.
NINJA urinated to often the day before the race. IMO this could not be
because of to much water (he drunk not as much as he urinated) - we will
see.

One remarkable thing to mention: Derek Francis from Great Britain
finished that race on 8th place - he is 75 years old!

So Leo, I hope to meet you again on the trail, it was a great pleasure
for me. Maybe we meet at the European Championship!?!

Happy trails,

Wolfgang + NINJA 11
Germany