mistreated horse

Adrienne Corti skiac@selway.umt.edu
Though not directly related to endurance riding, I'm looking for advice on dealing with a mistreated horse.  Every day I drive by a marginal horse pasture (one acre, dirt, three skinny horses).  Most recently the owner has added a yearling which he keeps tied up in a fenced corral, about 5 feet by 12 feet.  The horse has been tied up 24 hours a day for over a week now.  The water bucket is usually kicked over.  Many people have called the local Animal Control but we've been told that since it has water and is being fed, there's no law against keeping a horse tied up.
Any ideas who to contact if local agencies appear unable to help?

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-