Re: navicular

In a message dated 1/5/99 9:02:10 PM Pacific Standard Time, BMcCrary27 writes:

<< Perhaps leave more extension on the shoe heel?  Our farrier (our #1
daughter) has corrected underslung heels by careful long-range shoeing changes
-- leaving more heel on the shoe to help support the heel of the foot,
reducing flare on the front of the hoof, and leaving adequate room for heel
expansion.  She has managed over the years to change her dad's horse's feet
from underslung heels and long toes to well balanced hooves.  Takes a lot of
time and know-how.

 Barbara McCrary >>

Right--this is the solution--put the shoe where you want the foot to go. For
underslung heels, shoe wide at the quarters and extend the heels of the shoe
out at least to the bulbs of the heel.

ti