Re: Fwd: Firemountain 50 -2nd that!!

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:43:24 EST, SandyDSA@aol.com wrote:

>I don't know if FIST consideration should be given but certainly well-defined
>consideration, as in a determined NUMBEr of entries for EACH distance, with
>certainly a greater number of slots given to the 50s but it would be unfair to
>sit the LD iders on a waiting list until they determine whether or not there
>is space for them. That would be patently unfair, and certainly a huge problem
>for riders who may in a year or two be wanting to ride the 50 miler there.
>Let's just not make this a situation of 50 milers first and only. Simply
>making the parameters of the Championship rides clear would help considerably
>methinks!

I disagree.  Once a ride is designated a Championship Ride, it has
special responsibilities.  One of these IMO is making sure there is
enough space for the Championship riders.  If there must be a limit on
the total number of horses, then the Championship riders must get
priority, up to a well-defined and publicized closing date.  To do
otherwise is unfair to the people competing for the Championship, who
have a very limited number of rides to go to.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net