Re: [Fwd: Rice Bran]

Charlie, I won't bother to point out that your original post was hardly
the most polite or professional response I've ever seen in my life.  My
pointing out that you derive income from rice bran, while I do not,
after your opening gambit referring to my comments as "hogwash" and
"misinformation" is hardly mudslinging on my part. Your leaping to the
conclusions that I am a 21 year old kid, present myself to be "an
expert" on any topic, and/or cannot put two and two together because I
have not yet finished my PhD is your problem, not mine.  You seem to be
the only person involved getting into a twist over it.

However, for the benefit of less hotheaded people here on ridecamp, I
just had a very nice conversation with Judy Reynolds, who is a
nutritionist for the company that manufactures Natural Glo.  She's
sending me some data that's available to her but is apparently
unpublished in any of the journals (and therefore not easily available
to anyone outside the company) on some of the figures they've obtained
regarding their product.  I certainly look forward to receiving good
information from a reasonable source---not someone who feels it more
important to degrade others because they have a different opinion.
 I find it especially interesting that she certainly had no problem with
the fact that I am not a PhD, she was just interested in providing some
current data.  We had a good time and she certainly seems like a nice,
knowledgeable and very professional lady.  I told her that if she will
provide me with data that differentiates her product from the rice bran
analysis available in the published journals, then I would add or make
appropriate changes to the article I wrote.  After our conversation, it
really hasn't yet greatly changed any of my basic feelings about rice
bran, but if Natural Glo is a different animal, then I'll say so.

I am certainly not out to do an unearned hatchet job on rice bran, and
Judy understood that, Charlie.  It's unfortunate that you do not, since
you represent the product at the public level and sure don't seem to be
exercising all the people skills on behalf of Natural Glo that you could
be on this rather large public forum of horseowners.  Judy said she was
going to start an online discussion in the next day or so on some of the
points discussed in my article, and as she seems to be very professional
and friendly about it, I look forward to a discussion of the points she
has to make.  Since the purpose of this forum is to disseminate
information, not judgements about personal things you know nothing
about, Charlie, her comments should be very interesting and worthwhile.

BTW, everyone, I'm gone for the weekend to go give a talk at the central
region conference.  I'll be back online on Monday.  See y'all then and
hope to see some of you this Saturday.

Susan