AERC Meds Supplement

Ok group, sorry this has taken so long.  The problem is that the .doc is
too big so RC bounces it to Steph as too big a file.  Steph says she will
put it up on endurance.net.  For those of you who wrote me for a copy I
just emailed a copy to you all.  If I missed you please email me and let me
know.

My BIG QUESTION IS:  Under non-permissable substances the part that reads
"Vitamins in megadoses (as touted to alter performance rather then nutrient
effects)."  Isn't that an oxy-moron?  I mean we give vitamins to balance
out their feed program and that seems to alter performance to me!  I know
if I am feeding Red Cell and put Blue up to the 2oz per day directions on
the bottle for working horses, he gets pretty jazzed up on the stuff which
alters his performance.  It says to do that on the label, so is this a mega
dose or is it the required amount?  If that is the case then wouldn't we
have to take each individual horse into consideration regardless of what
the feeding directions are? Plus how can they test for something like that?

Next the first item in non-permissable substances says "Any substance by
injection..." so where does that leave the people who are using the Adequen
monthly maintenance injectables?  I was thinking on putting Blue on this
program for prevention and well,  now I don't know.

                                  Cheryl Newbanks
~~~          ~~  ^ ^        SW Region
~~~\      _~~/  /\ /        Buckeye, AZ
       (   ) _ _   ) ' '        horsetrails@inficad.com