Side- reins /martingales

While I have very little experience with martingales ( a big no-no in Dressage
) I have used side reins for many years . I copied some of the posts from
Ridecamp and asked other Dressage people ( Dressage-L ) their thoughts.
Everyone seems to agree that correctly used side reins will build the proper
muscles ( top of the neck wither to poll) and will help teach a long relaxed
frame . The most often used method is the sliding side rein on the lunge with
lots of transitions . So for what it's worth - the Dressage list recommends
sliding side reins , lots of transitions on the lunge to help build the right
muscles and teach acceptance.

Valerie ( Dressage rider trying to cross over to Endurance )