Fat?

I remember a nutrition seminar given by the Farmland Nutritionist, and she
spoke of pelleted animal fat for horses.  I have never fed anything but
soybean oil.  I was wondering if anyone you know of ever used animal fat and
if perhaps that was the source of fat in the Purina Athlete being discussed
awhile back?  Just curious.  The animal fat of course looked sort of like lard
which of course looked unappetizing to me.  Lovell