Re: footwear

That little heel is about the same size as my Ariat boots.  If they have been
worn for other things than riding, like mine, the heel does depress unlike
Ariat's.  I have never been dragged when I've been tossed (fortunately).  I do
like to ride on the very top of the ball of my foot.  The only difference
(besides the small heel) between riding tennis shoes and regular ones is the
width, as far as I can see.  I do agree, I don't think that heel is going to
stop the foot from going thru, but the width allows you to get the foot out.

Diane