Unusual noise

Sheila Scroggins dnsranch@syix.com
Dear Ridecamp:

My gelding has started to make an unusual noise as he moves.  There is a relatively loud click or snap in his rear as he moves at a walk.  I cannot dicern exactly where it is emminating from, but it is somewhere in his rear, not his legs. I hear it on both sides as he walks next to me. He is not sore to palpation anywhere, no heat either.  He moves out well on a lounge line.  No apparent short striding or lameness.  The noise is not apparent with every stride, but occurs about every other stride.  I can't tell if he is doing it at the trot, but is very evident at the walk.  Any comments or suggestions as to what it may be.  Thanks dnsranch

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-