Scratches

Hi there,

My horse for the fourth year in a row has scratches. After this many
bouts of it I think I have the procedure for the doctoring part of this
under control as far as the external treatment is involved. My question
here being that the last time he got it, I was informed if he got again,
(which apparently is very possible as some get prone to it) that I may
consider giving him something orally to help speed the process of
recovery. Does any one know what it is a person would give a horse
orally for scratches, what kind of success did you have or not have with
that approach. I have a call in to the vet right now, but I thought as
the scratches were first visible yesterday and I did get to treat right
away, that if there is more I can do for him to help speed up the
recovery, that I would like to get on this right away, as there is
nothing fun about your horse having scratches, especially for the horse,
who experiences quite a bit of pain with this. Any help on this ASAP
would be greatly appreciated, I really want to get a handle on this as
quick as I can.

Thanks Again and thank you all for your replies for the MSM.

Trish and Rookie (who of course has three white socks where these
scratches are prone to come to and all three have the scratches)