[Fwd: Need Help ASAP, please forward]

Am forwarding this for a friend.

---- Begin included message ----
H.O.R.S.E.S. in Texas needs your help.  We got a Percheron filly
(Palomino markings) in to the rescue today who needs surgery on her
leg.  She is 7 months old and perfectly sound.  She will make a fine
riding horse when she gets older.
She got injured (maybe kicked) around February.  She has a bone sliver

that broke loose and is causing the flesh to build up and break open
over and over.  She needs the bone sliver removed and the wound closed

up, and she will be good to go.  Since February, the vet has been
trying more conservative methods to treat her since the owners have
stated that they either cannot or do not want the surgery done.  It
has become obvious that surgery is the only alternative.  When the vet

advised the owners of this, they suggested he leave the filly out in
an open stall overnight and they come by that evening and shoot her.
Fortunately, word of mouth reached the vet, who was relieved to
suggest that they donate the filly to us.  The owners were more than
happy to do so, because they really don't want her dead, they just
didn't know what else to do with her.

The wound is open and not to be covered.  It is our job to keep as
much scar tissue from building up as possible so that when the money
comes in for the surgery and it is performed, the tissue will be able
to stretch over the wound.  The time problem is that we cannot treat
the wound except to hydro it with a hose and spray it.  The filly's
dam was accidentally bred and she was not wanted, so she has not been
messed with.  She doesn't know how to give her feet up & she is a
kicker.  She already got me once today, she is weary of having her leg

messed with, and she has no respect or manners.  She's also very big!

Please, everyone, if you can spare any money at all, please make your
checks payable to H.O.R.S.E.S. in Texas, and mail them to P.O. Box
792  Chico, TX  76431.  I'd like to get the surgery done in a week.
By then we can probably have her more relaxed about giving up her back

feet, but in the meantime, it's obvious that she's not going to submit

to us scrubbing that proud flesh off of it.

Please help us get this baby fixed up so that she can have a home
where someone wants her and will take care of her.  The surgery will
cost approximately $550.00.

H.O.R.S.E.S. in Texas is registered as a nonprofit corporation in the
state of Texas and will be applying for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status
through the IRS in May of '99.  Your donations may be tax deductible.

Thanks for your prompt action on behalf of this beautiful filly.

Signed,
Antoinette Bartee
H.O.R.S.E.S. in Texas

---- End included message ----