feeding Icelandics

Susan Jaeger georgelake@hotmail.com
I have a 12.2 Icelandic that I'm trying to condition but she is such an incredibly easy keeper that only 8 pounds of timothy hay per day is making her fat.  How do I feed a balanced ration and give her enough energy for the rides, and still provide enough bulk for her gut?  I'm considering feeding straw and a grain ration but thought I check with other Icelandic riders.  Thanks for your input.

Susan

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-