Re: OF

I have two endurance cutbacks. I use a thin cotton pad under the booties to train. I compete with only the booties. My gripe about the booties is that the synthetic ones pill up and are really not a good material. The wool ones were great, the ones that were a real skin. However, I washed mine about 10 times and one "blew up" in the washer. Orthoflex claims that I should have never washed them abeit they did not come with care instructions and washing seems to me to be the expected fate of all saddle pads. So now I have ONE bootie. The "new" wool ones are over $300 and are a woven material (no skin). In addition, OF will now not make a set of booties for your saddle without having you ship the saddle back to the factory, ie, several weeks. However, when I bought my extra set of booties last year, no one even asked me what type of panel system I had on my saddle. Since there are now so many different size panels, booties theoretically will only fit one kind (however, I never seemed to notice when switching mine around and I had two different sets of panels). I am now thinking that bootie fit just might be the cause of loin rubbing. If they are a bit too big, they might move more than ones that fit just right. I am sure that I am not the only person with several sets of booties and I wonder how many people who had their old panel systems changed to the newer ones and are using the older, therefore larger, booties. I don't think I had problems with the wool hide booties because they were put on "wet" and then they dried, shrunk to the size of the panels. However, not the case with the synthetic or woven wool ones.
John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.net
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall