Dodge Truck V10

Hi Sally,

I have a 1998 Dodge one ton quad cab dually that I LOVE.  I put 20,000 miles
on it last year and perfer to drive it over our other vehicles which include
a Ford, a Chevy and even my corvette.

When I was shopping last year for a pickup, we looked at everything on the
market.  Hubby has never liked the Dodge and had heard that the earlier
models (1995-6) with the cummings engine had had transmission problems. I
would suggest that you review the industry records on the transmission and
the development of the V10 for the year you are considering.  These trucks
underwent several changes in a short period of time.

We tested everything on the market and just kept coming back to the V10 for
power and performance.  I even waited for the 330 horsepower Dodge Diesel to
be released last January but it still didn't out perform the V10 for our
needs. I bought it in January and have driven it as my primary vehicle for
15 months with no problems at all.

I zoom past the other trucks with a fully loaded Trailswest 3 horse
gooseneck with large tack room.  I carry up to 75 gallons of water on board.
When fully loaded with our horses, this is a very heavy outfit and yet I can
tow over our worst Utah mountains at 65 miles per hour with no problem.

I expected the V10 to be hard on gas but I average 13 mpg without load and
10 when I'm towing.  The maintance has been very reasonable. In short even
my skeptical husband and his powerstroke buddies have been totally impressed
with the V10. I have yet to have any of the diesel crowd catch us with a
load (we have little races back and forth to the sale barn with the cattle
over one of our local passes).

Good Luck,

Joane and the Herd
Price, Utah