Re: RC: Best Condition

From where I can see it it is the light weight that is being discriminated
against.  Again the ratio will take care of the heavy horse.  I do not see
what the argument is with the heavy horse.  Why would this discriminate them?
 The rule is not accurately correct as it is.  And I still agree that if
there needs to be one then it should be based on percentage.  Why should a
light weight be penalized because of their weight?  Because that is what
occurs now as the rule stands.  We are not talking about making everything
equal.  If you are judging on best condition then either make it equal for
all or eliminate it.  Then it will be equal for all.  What if a light weights
horse does come in at best condition and that horse does not win because they
were up against a heavy weight rider.  What is the point of having a best
condition if the horse that is not in best condition wins?  It is possible
that the heavy weight would win because of their weight and their horse is
not the best conditioned.  I think this defeats the definition on best
condition.  We already have a handicap.  One that is not justified as far as
I can see.  What is the logic behind this and if one cannot come up with one
then maybe we should drop the weight issue from BC altogether?  I think there
is more logic to the percentage issue than to the heavy weight vs light
weight.  But I would rather not see a rule if we have to keep the one that we
have.
Kelly