What Kind Of Stallion

Melanie,

I couln't have said it better.  The best way to evaluate a stalion is to evaluate what his get have done, not necessarily what the stallion has done.

My father used to breed hunting dogs for field trails.  Now why should breeding dogs for hunting be any different than breeding horses for a particular discipline.  MAybe since dogs have more litters (get) than horses have foals,  it is much easier to appreciate  what bloodlines produce in dogs, even though the occasional mut may be wonderful.

It's just a given that the more you know about bloodlines and the better one is able to evaluate the individual animal, the better the odds of having the animal succeed in what it was bred for.

Bernita Barfield
Southwind Arabians
Breeding Endurance Horses by Design
( we don't stand a stallion but breed our mares to stallions who have the bloodlines that can produce exceptional endurance horses.  THese are the AL-Marah stallions with very concentrated bloodlines developed over 50 years of breeding, so we have a pretty good idea what the product will be.)

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-