WSTF Benefit Fun Ride

  I want to recommend the WSTF Benefit Ride to anyone who is considering riding Tevis in the future, whether for the first timer or for those who may have done the ride many times.  It is a very relaxed, low stress way to condition on the California Street Trail, a gorgeous 20 mile section of trail often ridden in darkness by Tevis participants.
  Carolyn Schultz, who is training for Tevis, and I found the ride a good opportunity to evaluate progress toward Tevis readiness while enjoying the company of sociable riders on a great trail.  Although I'd ridden the trail before both in daylight and in the dark on endurance rides, I was better able to appreciate it on the Benefit ride.  I found myself dazzled with its beauty at this time of year  (many waterfalls, sparkling wildflowers, and spectacular views of the American River rushing far below in the canyons).  There was plenty of water on the trail at this time of year, and the permanent water trough provided by Julie Suhr is a beautiful spot which will be even more appreciated by those who ride in the heat of summer.
  And it was great to find a delicious meal awaiting our arrival back at base camp.
Next year, check it out.
Karen Schwartz
Livermore, CA