Re: RC: P&R, recoveries

VERY well said.  It has always been my contention that horses that do not recover quickly are either sick or improperly conditioned.
It has also been my contention that many people take arabians for granted.  Their natural ability makes them easy targets for fast
competition when, in fact, they do NOT have the base to protect them from injury.

I rode an Appaloosa for years.  I beat many an arab.  To achieve this, I rode a great deal of miles in training.  When I got my first
arab, I, too, made the mistake of thinking I had an athlete who did NOT need the same training.  This, I believe, more than any other
factor, is why people think arabs aren't as sound as other breeds.

Simply stated, not enough foundation.

Teddy

PS: Are you a Tom Ivers reader?