founder horse

I was also given a founder horse. By my fairrer!! He is a older pony(about
35 or  so I'd guess) has one bad hoof. Bayron gave him to my 6yr
ld.( Pepper has been loved by 4 other kids) Pepper is at best alittle off on
the rf but is other wise in great shape for his age. Used only for light
riding on soft ground. Pepper lights up when he's being ridden by a child,
goes good for about 1/2 hour( around the yard a few times) , he very kind
and gentle,Kristine can go bridle him her self. Pepper loves all the
attention and almost for gets he founder, is worth his weight in gold! He
will trot around like hes 3 when alittle kids on him. You can almost see him
smiling!  the agreement was he is never be sold when Kristine is ready to
move up to old Gala(29yr Arab mare) Pepper will go to the next little kids
heart. If he shows sighs of to much pain, he is to be put down. And put in
the pasture with a marker , PEPPER , THE BEST PONY EVER! written in gold.
 I hope Byron meant gold paint) This pony was given to Byron about 10 years
ago the owner called to have him trim his hooves(they heard it sold be done
sometimes), I guess they were turned up like an elf shoes Pepper couldn't
even walk. Pepper is not 100% and never will be but he had a love for life
Byron saw, they told him to take him if he wanted to try to save him they
didn't want to pay for trimming his hooves every 4 weeks. Byron took him did
some very radical trimming for 1 yr... Pepper must be trimmed every 4-6
weeks. He is on no medicines and has some bad days. But still whinnies at us
when he see us coming still loves to carry his little buddy around the yard,
still wants to live!
So I'd say take the horse, it may never be 100% but if little Pepper made it
back to usefulness this horse can to. It hooves are not the only part that
matters look at his heart! If you see a spark go for it. Pepper gets no
grain only good grass hay. Byron say you must keep off extra weight on a
founder horse. Don't worry about its weight.(unless its starving)
Tamara and Annie(Peppers cute for a little guy)