Re: RC: Fwd: ENOUGH!

In a message dated 3/29/99 7:01:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, SandyDSA@aol.com
writes:

<< Sir: (and Steph),
 The point is - stop this public business - it matters not who is right or
 wrong - maybe both of you are wrong! No one cares. What we DO care about is
 that you won't leave it alone. Steph, I forwarded this to you because it
seems
 that enough is enough.  My delete key is worn out.
 sandy >>

Again, I am happy to respond, as, since I kindly contributed my Keiba Book
article to the group for discussion, I have been doing with any and all posts
directed at me.

If all knowledge was derived from polite, pat-you-on-the-back opinion, or
worse, pronounced by those appointed to pronounce Truth, then we wouldn't get
very far in our examination of the efficacy of any technique or technology.
Some folks are interested in actual answers and stuggle with controversial
questions. Others are interested in peace at all costs. I prefer the struggle,
even though it means some lumps and bumps now and again.

You prefer tranquility.  I can understand that.  My grandmother did, too. She
sewed quilts. My retired father does, too--he plays pool for a nickle a game
and has a ball. One of my neighbors smokes dope--and nothing ever bothers him.

Myself, I drink a lot of coffee and field a dozen calls a day from folks who
have problems to solve. In between, I try to make a living. And for pure
relaxation, I contribute to this newsgroup. My participation agitates you, and
I imagine if I was to have joined my grandmother's sewing circle, I would have
been a disruptive force for some in that group as well--probably would have
been trying out power staple guns, for example.

So, in response, I disagree. Sorry.

ti