Sour horse? or me?

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I will surely find an equine dentist and have him/her out and really give his teeth a good going over.  I do have it done yearly, but I usually do use my vet whom I trust with all my heart, yet I have heard that the dentists are more thorough.

It would break my heart to sell him, so I will also give him time off the trail.  Maybe just some 2 or 3 mile putzes with my 8 yo son who rides my old guy, VERY slowly!

What is a thermoscan?  Is it like ultrasound?  And would my area vet do this or is this something that you have to go to Mich. State to have done?

Thanks,   Andy