RE: Need Advice on Situation (long)

Carrie, I couldn't get your email to work so forwarded my message to
ridecamp:

I agree with Jennifer, you are going to have to tell her the truth and
probably sooner rather than later.  You may want to include yourself in the
group that went out by saying that "the group" was not impressed with her
temper and treatment of her horse and that they ("the group") felt that
they're are better ways to handle problems with your horse rather than
striking them, etc.  You may want to comment on the fact that although
everyone has problems communicating with their horses from time to time that
no one in "the group" was handling their problems in the manner as which she
was and that perhaps some natural horsemanship lessons/clinic were in order.

Although I'm sure you don't want to push her away (or maybe you do!) or
encourage her treatment of the horse, perhaps you can share the blame with
"the group".  Depending on what type of relationship you have with her you may
want to suggest you take a clinic or lesson together.  It would be nice to
think that you could help her change her behavior but that may be more than
you want to take on.  I'm sure her behavior was enough to turn a few stomachs
in your group.  Good luck!

Are you going to the Antelope Ride in April?  If so, it's a good one to do
your first 50 on, it's not too difficult IMHO anyway.  I think you did your
first 25 at Wolverine last June, correct me if I'm wrong.  Guess you got
hooked!  Glad your horse was okay, it would have been a heartbreak after
working so hard.

Valerie Newson and Bakdom (Yes, we'll be at Antelop too)
No. Salt Lake, Utah