Re: RC: RE: Fearless Travel

Used to be you could trust a trucker like your own grandmother.  Now, there are a
ton of idiots out there.  Truckers USED to have a good reputation, they USED to be
courteous, they USED to help anyone on the road.

Now, they are ttrained poorly, get drivers licenses (CDL's) illegally, and know
nothing about the actual rig they are driving. I know, I've asked.

I travel America via truck-stops (I drive a Freightliner pulling a big horse
trailer with LQ).  They have changed, too.  Mostly blue collar idiots with foul
mouths.  I USED to rely on my CB, now it's a cell phone.  I USED to get truckers
to help with a flat tire, now I call 911.

Yes, my dogs have detered many...who know what difficulties they have protected me
from.  I will NOT travel without them.  I have my 357 (always loaded) but have
never used it (except in target practice).  But there is always the fera of it
being discovered by the cops.  I live in Ohio where there is NO such thing as a
gun permit.  Many states I travel through would NOT view my having a gun very
nicely.

30 years ago I hitch-hiked America and met tons of wonderful people.  Now, not
only would I not hitch-hike, I won't stop for anything other than another
horse-trailer to help.

To top it off, I just got my 1999 insurance renewal.  I have a 100% clean
record.....NO CLAIMS, accidents or ANYTHING, yet my insurance goes up and up to
pay for all those idiots...

We are losing what America was meant to be.....

Teddy