Sportsmanship on the trail

Hi All !
   On the subject of passing and sportsmanship on the trail here are
a few of my thoughts. We are all going to encounter folks on the trail
that frustrate us from time to time. No one is really expected to yield
trail in dangerous spots. Safety for all on the trail should be first. It
is
reasonable to let people who wish to pass, pass at the soonest, safest
opportunity for all. Impatience is no excuse for having wrecks on
questionable
trails, ie too narrow,rocky, high or otherwise dangerous. Those with
marginal riding skills hopefully are learning many things about trail
manners when they are out there, and it is up to those of us who know
whats' right and wrong to teach them if possible. I WILL let someone
know when their behavior is unacceptable and innapropriate on the trail,
especially if it endangers others. Remember this is supposed to be FUN,
not blood and guts. When I traveled with my pack animals the rules for
trail travel were thus : Uphill strings have the right of way in the
morning,
and downhill strings have it in the afternoon, and this is a good rule for
well traveled trails because of time and congestion purposes. But each
trail passing situation is different and I would hope that people would
be courteous most of the time at our rides. Happy Trails, Dru